Pork Chops Marsala



  The butcher at our local Fareway store picked out 3 center cut, bone in pork chops for me. I have quit fixing them, as we think they are tasteless and dry, but this recipe looked good, and the chops had some fat on them which helps with the taste.
  I did find that using the cooking time in the recipe worked well and they were very good. I will try making them again. I had fresh thyme from my pot of thyme, but you could use dried thyme also.
  The recipe is not from a cookbook, but rather from MyRecipes.com. I made a few simple changes, just to suit our families taste, but stayed fairly true to the recipe.
  I used Dry Sherry instead of Marsala wine as I always have that on hand. Also used regular sweet onion and fresh garlic instead of the bottled which I don’t use. Feel free to use either or change the recipe to suit your families taste. I don’t use cooking spray as I feel it leaves a aftertaste and a sticky residue in my pans, so used a very small amount of salad oil. Also floured the chops with Bisquick GF all purpose mix. I am going to give you the recipe with the changes I did, and hope you will like it as well as we did.
Pork Chops Marsala
Yield: 4 servings (1 pork chops and ½ cup sauce
6 tablespoons GF free baking mix divided
Small amount of salad oil
1 garlic clove minced
¼ cup minced onion
1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms sliced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 cup chicken broth or stock
¼ cup dry sherry or Marsala wine
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
  Heat a large non stick skillet over medium hot heat. Flour the chops with ¼ cup of the baking mix. Add oil to pan and brown the chops 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms to pan; saute 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of the baking mix and thyme to pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring well. 
  Combine the chicken broth and sherry. Gradually add broth mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk bring to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Return pork chops to pan, cook 2 minutes turning to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Info: Calories; 242 Protein; 27g  Carbohydrate; 15.4g  Fiber; 1.1g Cholesterol; 67mg  Sodium 299mg  Calcium; 44mg

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love this! I make chicken Marsala! Very yummy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nadine,
    That is why I tried this recipe. We like chicken Marsala also.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.