Two Gluten Free Products

 As most of our readers know we do not endorse products for money or allow ads on our pages. That said, I am going to tell you about 2 products for Celiacs that I have recently tried.
 I won’t buy most of the GF products out there as they are way to costly and most of them are not good. I have tried a few of the GF pastas and found them sorely lacking. This week I tried Barilla Gluten Free pasta for the first time. It is excellent, in fact Bettie and Lyle didn’t know they were eating it until I told them. It held up well, one of the problems with most of the GF pasta and tasted good, no after taste. What a great find. It is not too overpriced and pasta salads, casseroles and spaghetti dinners are something I had given up on eating. I will now keep this on hand for when I feel a craving for pasta. 
 The second product I tried is Gluten Free Corn dogs. I spotted the box made by Foster  Farms in the freezer section of our Fareway store and since it is Summer and Fair Time I just had to give them a try.
 This was always my treat when we went to the Fair. Once again, these are a winner. At sixty cents more for a dozen I felt they were in the category of a product one could buy for a family. Bettie and I both liked them, Lyle doesn’t like any type of corn dog so didn’t try them. I won’t buy them often, but for a treat I sure will. If I had a child or teenager with Celiac I sure would keep them on hand. 
 If you need to buy Gluten Free products for any reason, you might want to give these two products a try. I find that buying GF products made by a major food company and available in most grocery stores is the way to go. Also they tend to be cheaper and priced more in line with their regular products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.